The course explains the auditing and accounting rules that affect small pension funds.
The course covers:
- Scheme rules
- Complying with HMRC rules, but the course does not cover tax issues
- Disclosure requirements
- Audit and accounting programmes
- Audit tests you must complete
- Reporting breaches
- Spotting breaches of the rules
- Summary of present legislation
- Pensions Act
- The Pension SORP and impact of FRS 102
- Use of actuarial statements.
The course concentrates on the rules that affect general practice small pension funds. This course will cover audit aspects of small pension funds as well as accounting issues.