The course is essential for all partners/directors and senior employees who are involved in practice regulation. The course will draw its contents from:
- Money laundering update
- Practice and quality assurance update
- Changes to Ethical requirements
- Review of disciplinary cases, could your practice accidentally breach a regulation?
- DPB changes
- Common problems met on practice reviews
- Proposed changes to financial statements (note this course does not have extensive financial statements coverage for this see the ‘Financial statements updates’)
- Reporting on audit exempt requirements
- Client monies developments
- Data protection
- Other topical issues affecting clients and general practices
- Changes to Companies House Administration.
The course is an update and refresher and the exact contents will be set about 4 weeks before the course and will be posted here when availableThe course looks at a wide range of Practice regulation issues every partner and manager needs to know. This year’s update includes full coverage the new and revised Anti-money laundering rules.
It should be attended by all partners, managers and senior team members involved in practice regulation.
The course in May in York will cover:
- The new updated Anti-Money laundering rules – this will cover the first half of the course
- New Data Protection regulations known as GDPR
- Changes at Companies House & filing accounts update
- New PSC (People with significant control) rules
- Updated client monies regulations
- Facilitation of tax evasion
- Compilation assignments – applying Tech 07/16
- Recent disciplinary cases – what they tell us about practice management
- Latest guidance on letters of engagement
- Key risks affecting practices and how to manage them
- Latest Practice assurance developments