The course is a comprehensive review of the tax issues affecting land and property and draws its contents from:
- The definition of land and property for tax purposes
- The current position on the repair and renewals rules
- CGT considerations on the sale of properties
- Tax planning for the purchase
- Tax relief on loans
- Treatment of rental income
- Rent-a-room relief
- Capital Allowances Act and impact on properties and landlords
- Property leases
- Issues determining which legal entity should own the property
- Tax issues for properties owned by limited companies and LLPs
- Special considerations for commercial properties
- The impact of the Finance Acts.
The exact contents are set about four weeks before the course and the details will be shown here.
Land and property