The course looks at the issues affecting farmers in 2019/20. The course will draw its contents from the topics shown below but will reflect topical issues at the time of the course.
- The Brave New World: farming after Brexit
- Current state of international trade and its implication for the agricultural industry
- Current issues and outlook for the main farming sectors: dairy, arable, beef and sheep
- Strategies for short and medium-term success
- Latest information on support frameworks: public money for public goods - what it means in practice now and in future
- Future support regimes
- Inheritance and succession: Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, business structures revisited; other taxation pitfalls
- The continuing role of diversification: key risks and their management
- Specific farming taxation and accountancy issues. Please note the course includes taxation issues but is not a tax course and it will look at a range of issues affecting the rural economy and the accountancy profession.
Taxation of farmers