The course looks at the powers HMRC possess and the penalties that can be levied on 2020.
- The legal background
- Recent changes
- Compliance structures at HMRC
- How to respond to targeted professions and trades
- Selection and how to avoid it
- How an enquiry is commenced
- Re-computation of profits
- New penalty and tribunal regime
- Do you have to pay that penalty?
- Review of HMRC powers to demand information during an investigation
- The accountant's options to bring an enquiry to an end
- Could mediation help?
- Impact of MTD on the tax investigations.