With so many clients owning property either for buy-to-let or for business an annual update keeps you on top of key changes.
Martyn Ingles will present the course on
The course contents
The course looks at a range of tax issues affecting small or medium-sized clients.
• Tax issues for buy-to-let properties
- Refresher of mortgage interest rules
- HMRC guidance on re-mortgages on buy-to-lets
- Finance Act 2016 – 2019 changes
• Should you place your buy-to-let into a company?
• Passing on the buy-to-let property and IHT planning
• CGT principal private residence changes from April 2020
• Furnished holiday let changes
• MTD – planning ahead for property lets
• Update on non-resident landlords
• New structures and building allowances
• SDLT changes and how they affect second homes
• Brief coverage of Welsh LLT
• Additional IHT nil band for the family home
• Annual Tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED)
• VAT and the construction industry reverse charge
• Other topical tax issues